Wednesday, August 23, 2006 | |

Fung Choi Media Group : Keeping Faith With Value, Ignore The Noise.









Highlights:

· Broad-based demand, leading to strong contributions from existing and new
businesses:
Group revenue grows +47% to HK$843.7 million.

· Robust demand for printing and packaging services and products:
Printing and packaging revenue +31.8% to HK$618.2 million.

· Higher circulation and advertising revenue from magazine portfolio:
Newly acquired Flying Media records advertising and distribution revenue growth of
88.3% to HK$197.7 million.

· Part year contribution from newly formed display marketing business:
Display marketing revenue contribution of HK$27.8 million.

· Net Profit attributable to shareholders +28% to HK$163.1 million.

· Strong foundation for growth amid buoyant economic conditions:
Group is optimistic of business prospects in FY2007

Media Release

Full Year Financial Statement And Dividend Announcement.


I released to some readers my analysis on Fung Choi. I felt it was inappropriate to release my analysis here as it would warrant unwanted attention.

Rumours were wild, false accounting practices, accounting irregularities and huge provisions made for such actions.


I held my stand based on value DCF evaluation, my personal experience in the printing industry and past stock market knowledge. I dont see any rumours of the sort I have hearing recently. Average down , average down was ringing loud in my ears. The discount was too attractive for a value investor like me to ignore.


"Buy on rumours, sell on facts."




I just reached home and am delighted on first glance the results that were released. As usual, I will do the sums and come up with the revised analysis on Fung Choi.





Cheers
Niversphere.
p.s: I hate Mondays!!!






---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read the prospectus and perform your analysis before making any investment decision. The above does not constitute a recommendation to apply for this company. I will not be liable for any losses incurred by anyone who invests based solely on the above-mentioned information.

Google Finance

SGX Announcements


Yahoo Finance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Since the FCF of Fung Choi is still negative for the past FY, I am wondering the effectiveness of using the DCF analysis. Perhaps other method of valuing the business is more appropriate.

What do you think ?

cheers
prorege

Norman Oh said...

DCF valuation has served me well all these years.

Anonymous said...

Hi, any estimate of the fair value of FC since the share price keep sliding?

I do intend to keep this stock as my core holdings, should be seeing strong growth in the long term.